June is scoliosis awareness month and to mark the occasion, I have spent my Saturday using my new found photoshop skills to create a scoliosis infographic.
There are so many incorrect scoliosis facts out there and so I wanted to create something that can be easily shared to raise awareness.
5 Fast Facts about Scoliosis
- In 8 out of 10 cases, the cause of scoliosis is unknown.
- Scoliosis most commonly develops between the ages of 10 and 15.
- 5 out of 6 people with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis are female.
- Scoliosis CANNOT be prevented.
- 2-3% of the population will have scoliosis and 10% of them may require surgery.
I’ve created a visual representation of these fast facts below in the form of an infographic. Please feel free to share on your own social media and help to spread awareness of scoliosis.
I’ve taken these facts from the NHS website and the Scoliosis Association, to ensure that these are accurate facts from trusted sources. The facts apply to the UK only. For further reading please see the below:
Scoliosis Facts: Infographic
Use infographic on your own site:
<a href="https://imgur.com/LClUcV2"><img src="https://i.imgur.com/LClUcV2.png" title="source: imgur.com" /></a>
Please feel free to add your own scoliosis facts in the comments below. You may also be interested in my post –10 scoliosis facts that may surprise you. 🙂